1. Stop Buying/Using Plastic Water Bottles – Last year we Americans consumed over 50 billion of them. It’s out of control! Bring your own refillable stainless steel bottle filled with water from home whenever you go out.
2. Get Some Re-Usable Grocery Bags – Plastic bags are as bad as plastic water bottles. Make a small investment in some cloth bags and the Earth will thank you!
3. Walk or Bike More – Let’s face it, we drive too much, and it shows in pollution levels and gas prices. Walking or biking is not only better for the planet, its better for your body!
4. Be More Conscientious At Home – Unplug things when you aren’t using them, including laptop and cellphone chargers. Turn the lights off. Watch your water use carefully!
5. Make Good Consumer Choices – Buy eco-friendly cleaning products. Buy local. Buy organic.