A minimalist living room which is well-designed provides its occupants a feeling of spaciousness; no matter what its size. Also, beautifully designed living rooms provide inhabitants a nice sense of comfort. Color hues in the way of blue, green and purple make the room seem airy. The modern minimalist living room is one of the most common trends in design.
Color hues such as red and yellow should be avoided within a very small room environment. The latter colors will make a smaller room feel more cluttered and possibly make a larger room seem more congested.
Naturally, assuring there is not a great deal of clutter within the room’s design; in any particular area is of significant importance. When a room has too much, in the way of knick knacks, its environment begins to feel cramped. It is best to keep any odds and ends out of site if you’re going for a simple, minimalist look. Integrate shelving where objects are minimal, and presented in an orderly fashion.
Lighting is a key element in rooms which are well-designed. Natural and artificial light is important in way of the room’s total look. Proper use of lighting is important when wishing to instill a sense of roominess and coziness within the living room area. Keep heavy drapes away from the window when wishing to instill a feeling of spaciousness within the room’s total design scheme.
In order to further create the illusion of spaciousness within your living room design, the following tips are suggested:
1) The ceiling color is best a shade lighter than the wall color. Assure the furniture color is a good color match pertinent to the color hues you choose for the walls.
2) Select small-patterns on the room’s wallpaper and on your furniture’s upholstery. Choose accompanying accessories with larger patterned designs.
3) Employ hues of cream as opposed to stark white for the room’s walls. The cream color hue softens the surrounding environment.
4) The best living room designs make use of a select minimal number of furniture pieces as opposed to a good number of items. The preceding suggestion makes a room seem much less cluttered and more open.
5) Naturally, using mirrors will give your room design the nice illusion of extra space. You may try hanging a mirror in front of an entryway where it will look reasonably in place.
6) Combining various textures will give your room a visually attractive appearance as well as adding a great deal of interest within the design scheme. Various textures also make your living room appear as if it has more depth.
The keys to beautiful living room design are:
Assure there is proper lighting in place, in way of natural light and artificial lighting;
The room has a non-cluttered appearance; and
Appropriate color hues are used.
Well-placed furniture and accessories, too, add to the room’s visual appeal.